Waze or Google Maps: Which Navigation App Is Better?
Navigation apps can help consumers find their way around town, especially if they aren’t quite familiar with the area. They can show them what local businesses are open and where they are located. Additionally, these apps can lead consumers to reviews, ratings, menus, and booking options.
Two of the most popular navigation apps on iOS and Android are owned by Google—Waze and Google Maps. While they both have their pros and cons, it is important that businesses show up on both so that they can be found by users that might prefer one over the other.
Here, we will compare Google Maps and Waze to determine which navigation app is better.
Waze vs Google Maps
In the US, Google Maps is the most popular navigation app. Around 9 billion people use it every month and 5 million active apps use it every week. Waze, on the other hand, sees roughly 130 million active users worldwide per month.
Despite being both Google-owned, these apps are a bit different.
- Waze is more community-based and Google Maps is more data-based.
- Waze offers real-time info such as road closures, road hazards, traffic alerts and real-time traffic conditions based on driver data. Google Maps has only started to include some of these features recently.
- Waze is for cars, while Google Maps offers walking, driving, biking, and public transportation directions.
- Both Waze and Google Maps allow users to see business information such as phone number, website, hours of operation, and onsite services. Although Google Maps also includes menus, reviews, photos, and booking options while Waze does not include these.
- Waze requires a data connection, Google Maps is available offline.
- Google Maps uses a traditional navigation interface, while Waze offers a sleek and minimal interface using the latest in design language.
Is Waze Better Than Google Maps?
The apps are broadly similar, it all comes down to what the user is looking to use it for. Depending on the user people may choose Waze due to the community-based factor and the pleasing design while others may choose Google Maps because of the additional business information it offers that Waze does not offer.
As an entrepreneur looking to improve the visibility of their business, getting your business on both navigation platforms can be advantageous to you. Listing your business on these platforms can give you a valuable opportunity to magnify your reach and discover new clients.
No matter the size of your business, getting it listed on navigation apps is important because it widens your reach. In turn, it drives more traffic to your business.
Go to iMapping.com to add your business to Waze, Google Maps, and other major navigation platforms. We always keep important business information updated and accurate.