How to Increase Traffic to Your Website If You’re a Small Business
If you’re a small business, driving traffic to your website might be a challenge. It not only takes time and effort but also requires capital. However, more website traffic means more customers and likely guarantees a high investment return. That’s why brands spend 8.5% of their marketing budgets on search engine optimization (SEO).
However, there are ways to increase website traffic without breaking the bank. Here are some of them.
1. Become a Content Publisher
72% of online marketers said content creation is the most effective way to boost SEO. For instance, high-quality content places your website higher on the search engine results page (SERP). There are many types of content, including:
- Articles or blog content
- Video (information, entertainment, etc.)
Quality content requires hard work and expertise. On top of everything, it must be relevant. It must address your audience’s burning questions about a topic. At the same time, it must stand out from other content. Knowing how to create pertinent and highly engaging content gets you not just site traffic but also leads and potential conversions.
2. Add Your Business to Maps
These days, people go online to discover places. In fact, organic search drives 53% of website traffic. Some of the most popular business directories include Alexa, Apple Carplay, Google Maps, and GMP. Listing your business online increases your chances of appearing in local searches. This, in turn, can boost your online presence, increase your site traffic, and improve your SEO ranking.
3. Promote Your Website Offline
Spending on online platforms has now surpassed offline advertising. Understandably, many businesses can be quick to disregard offline promotions. However, it’s one of the best ways to improve site traffic within a limited budget. Some strategies include:
- Handing out a business card that largely promotes your website. This means designing the card in a way that emphasizes your website and piques the recipient’s curiosity.
- Advertising your website on T-shirts or work uniforms. This can be especially effective if your URL includes a keyword that resonates with your audience.
This year, experts predict an increase in offline advertising spending. The most popular offline channels include linear TV, experiential ads, shopper marketing, radio, magazines, and newspapers.
4. Leverage Social Video Sites
If you’re on a tight budget, it might not be ideal to host videos on your website. A better approach is to take advantage of free video hosting sites, such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. YouTube, in particular, has over 2 billion active monthly users. Some ways to maximize the platform’s marketing potential include:
- Putting your web address in the description box.
- Discussing anything that you have already published on your website. Afterward, direct audiences to your original article.
- Dropping the name of your website at the start and end of your video content.
- Using a call of action to direct the audience’s attention to your website.
Make a plan and stick with it
Need help getting listed on business platforms? iMapping can help increase your online presence, particularly your local visibility. Increase your website traffic today.